E-health, a relatively recent term in healthcare practice, indicates that processes and communication in a medical institution are done electronically. This term embraces cutting edge medicine and IT systems and services:
- Electronic Health Record (EHR) provides medical staff with an opportunity to exchange patient’s data.
- Telemedicine is clinical and psychological health care at a distance.
- Patients’ health information is the use of electronic sources of information on health by healthy or ill people.
- The latest news from the reviews of medical journals, best practice and epidemiological studies.
- Virtual health care teams of medical professionals who communicate and exchange patient data electronically.
- M-health is the use of mobile equipment to collect, summarize, store and disseminate information on the patient’s health.
- Health research using the network (distributed computing) employs powerful technological tools for processing numerous data received from different sources.
- Health information systems are computer applications used for the planning and managing patient visits, processing patient health data and other administrative purposes.
More about e-health is available here